Case Study: Data Warehouse Assessment
Leading to Ongoing Relationship
- A Director of Data & Insight asked us to assess the Data Warehouse project being delivered by a well-known Big 5 consultancy firm, from a quality and cost view.
- The project was a key enabler to driving personalised contacts across the group and involved bringing the data in-house from an external agency.
- Previously a big name IT house had also failed in delivering the project
- We spent 6 weeks assessing each element of the programme, highlighted numerous areas of concern and did a financial forecast on the project which showed major gaps and deficiencies.
- The incumbent supplier as accountable for fixed price delivery but could not deliver within the parameters of the project – it was just unrealistic.
- We restructured the project, replaced multiple key resources and focused on developers and technical solution design, rather than leadership roles.
- Ultimately the project was delivered and integrated with SAS for analytics and campaigning. The solution is in production today.
- We were subsequently asked to recruit all the permanent team members for the expanded Group Data & Insight department.
- The data project was hugely complex and required us working with experts in single customer view design and implementation.
- The deployment of SAS linked to a new data warehouse now delivers hugely profitable personalised targeted campaigns.
- We still support our client with all their insight hires and specialist resource on consulting basis as needed.
- As they upgrade their infrastructure we are well placed to provide continued ongoing consulting and development support.