Job Ref: 450878
Role: Data Analyst
Location: Hampshire, UK
Salary: Up to £54,000 + Company Benefits
The UK most trusted brand needs your analytical skills!
Our client, a leading UK brand, is going through an exciting time in their development. Looking to build upon their current data capability, they have invested heavily in a robust data infrastructure. This will allow them to more accurately gain a single customer view and derive value from the data they store on their diverse customer base.
Integral to this transformation will be a team of Data Analysts responsible for working with the business and where possible the product owner to translate business requirements into data requirements. Engaging with and supporting the full end-to-end data development process including business requirements analysis, source data analysis and testing.
You will work as part of a delivery team in an agile framework (e.g. Scrum) generating user Stories & Acceptance criteria, analysing data sets to identify modelling logic, prepare content for requirements Documentation and upload into Jira and advise designers, developers and testers on the data content & quality.
This is a varied role in a fast-paced complex data environment so the successful candidate will have to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, be highly technical with hands-on SQL experience as well as having strong commercial acumen.
- Degree qualification or equivalent diploma or academic record
- At least 5 years working experience with data warehouse and business intelligence-related architecture with strong hands-on SQL experience for the purposes of interrogating data
- Experience with BI reporting tools such as static reporting, analytics, and visualisation tools
- Previous experience in an environment where you have to provide input into data warehouse solutions design and data modelling activities
- Good knowledge of Data Warehousing Design Methodologies
- Knowledge of Operational System Design Methodologies, Database Design and Modelling
- Experience documenting ETL specifications, such as source to target mappings, business rule and data validation requirements, ETL functional and non-functional requirements