Job Ref: 639847
As a Data Designer you will be an integral member of the Data Change delivery team, working closely with the business and other areas of IT. You will create data solution designs which can be developed in an Agile framework. The designs will represent business and data requirements for small and large change relating to the data platforms. The work you do will ensure solutions are correctly designed, delivered and tested generating positive business value.
- You will work the multiple stakeholders within the business to understand business requirements and develop low-level design documentation, including provision of support to refine and clarify the requirements.
- You will work closely with Business Analysts and Data Analysts to translate business requirement and Architects to translate high-level design into detailed system requirements that can be traced back to the original business requirement
- Provide technical and business knowledge support to Business Analysts
- Ensure alignment of the low-level design to application architecture, high-level design and defined client standards.
- Analyse data sets to identify modelling logic and key attributes required for low-level design.
- Engage with and support the full end-to-end data development process including business requirements analysis, source data analysis and testing; respond to team’s queries about the use, quality and validity of data.
- Analyse and estimate the effort required to create low-level design documentation for each discrete piece of work.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with data warehouse and business intelligence-related architecture
- Previous experience in a data design role working specifically in an environment where you must provide input into data warehouse solutions design and data modelling activities.
- Experience of different data modelling paradigms, such as Kimball dimensional models and/or 3NF data modelling approaches for data warehousing
- Proven experience in Data Modelling and Data Integration tools
- Excellent knowledge of Data Warehousing Design Methodologies, preferably experience in Insurance domain including policy operational systems
- Working knowledge of ETL/ELT technology and tools, such as SAS DI or Informatica PowerCenter, including cloud technologies (MS Azure, AWS, Google Cloud). More experienced candidates will have hands-on experience working with cloud technologies
- Hands-on SQL experience for the purposes of interrogating data.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to negotiate, influence, inspire and motivate at all levels
- Good presentation skills
If you are keen to explore further, please get in touch with Jennifer at email@example.com or call at 01256638080