Data Science Manager
Job Ref: 732949
Data Science Manager/ Lead Data Scientist
Peterborough/ flexible working of up to 3 days a week
We are working with one of the UK’s leading insurance providers based in the beautiful cathedral city of Peterborough, on an incredibly exciting opportunity for a Data Science Manager/ Lead Data Scientist. Following on from a strategic review, our client is on a mission to embed data at the heart of all decision making and ensure data science proactively supports the wider business moving forward. This is a brand new role which will take strategic responsibility for a lot of the projects coming into this team but also be really hands on, working to understand how the business can increase personalisation, improve customer journeys and develop completely new analytical approaches.
What are we looking for:
- Excellent analytical skills with confidence In a variety of machine learning and modelling techniques
- Strong Python experience + R/SQL as an advantage
- A history performing well in a commercial environment where you have turned analytical solutions into actionable business propositions.
- Strong academic background, and with a graduate, or postgraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or another analytical subject.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Some team management/ leadership experience
Why choose this role?
Along with the wealth of knowledge and experience, this role will offer and the chance to make a real impact, our client will also offer the successful candidate
- Competitive base salary and bonus scheme
- Discounted Private Medical Insurance
- Subsidised Gym
- Local employee discounts
- Discounted online shopping
- Annual Family fun day
- Awards Ball
This will suit an ambitious and self-motivated Data Scientist looking to make an impact- there is genuinely a real opportunity to be creative and add value!
Sounds interesting? Get in touch with Kathy at email@example.com to find out more.