Job Ref: 483244
Role: Insight Analyst
Location: Oldbury, West Midlands
Salary: £40,000 – £42,000
The UK most trusted brand needs your operational insight skills!
CVM People is delighted to be working with the UK’s most trusted household brand. Our client provides roadside assistance, insurance and a range of other financial services to give millions of customers peace of mind. Undergoing ongoing transformation to data, marketing capability and propositions including IOT, it’s an exciting time to join a great culture.
In this role You will be responsible for producing applied analytics, evaluation of trials, business modelling and small system developments; developing sophisticated mathematical models and interpreting results to assist with decision making by senior management. You will also utilise statistical analysis and business models to establish the consequence of pursuing different actions and implementing practical mathematical algorithms within business processes.
- Devising and developing sophisticated decision support systems to aid strategic and tactical decision making by senior and operational management.
- Designing and running presentations and training courses for new computer models
- Developing simulation and general business models to assist with the identification of inefficiencies and making recommendations for improvement of business performance.
- Initiating projects to assess business performance and making proposals for changes
- Providing a comprehensive analytical service to all levels of management
- Reviewing the reporting of all management information and statistical analysis produced to ensure that it meets customer requirements
- Keeping up to date with changes to working practices and operational research techniques to ensure the highest standards are maintained in the support of management decision making.
- Knowledge of applied operational research methodologies.
- A first-class degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related subject; and preferably a post-graduate degree in Operational Research
- Knowledge of statistical computing e.g. R, SAS
- Experience in databases and SQL
- Good understanding of computer modelling techniques (machine learning, statistical modelling, experiment design, optimisation).
- Good knowledge of computer programming skills (C, Java, VB, Python)
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work using your own initiative to tight time scales
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to engage with management.
- Commercial acumen and a proactive, ‘results-orientated’ approach.
079369 916 490