Marketing Automation Manager
Job Ref: 490437
Role Title: Marketing Automation Manager
Location: Basingstoke and onsite in UK
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 – 18:00
Reports to: Consulting Director
Position Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 30th September 2019
Package: £40,000 — £45,000 plus pension contribution; extensive benefits package including significant retail, entertainment, fitness, and holiday discounts.
Number of Positions: 1
You may know us as CVM People and as part of the Q People Solutions group we are a Consultancy, specialising in Customer Value Management, Data Science, and Data Management, delivering a range of services including board level consultancy, transformation programmes, software implementations, and recruitment, to national and global leaders of retail, telco, financial services, and insurance.
Our mission is twofold:
- To help organisations understand and utilise the potential in data to improve the way in which they interact with to their customers, and make smarter decisions.
- To find the best and brightest talent to help our clients maximise the value of their investments in data.
To work with our consulting director in building the marketing automation team which will comprise of analysts and programmers who focus on tool deployment and operations. You will help lead our clients with their campaign automation delivery and data requirements by using market leading technical solutions and data programming / analytical skills to organise and productionise the marketing campaigns. You will demonstrate the value of different technical solutions in the market and help guide the client in deciding which solution best meets their needs. The role will work with a number of different clients and will report into our consulting director who will be overseeing all client development requirements in this area. Travel around the UK is part of the role and being able to support different sectors like Telco, Financial Services, Retail, Utilities is a wonderful opportunity to expand your experience and skill set.
- Will build a team of automation analyst programmers and consultants and will be responsible for the technical skill capability and the ongoing development of the team to meet the increasing complex demands of clients in this space.
- Will lead the campaign automation team and engage with clients to ensure the quality of the solution and also the level of professionalism demonstrated to our clients is of the highest standards.
- As a technology expert within the Adobe, Pega, IBM Marketing, SAS CI solution space, will be able to advise the client and team on overall use of the solution to ensure that the business and the customers will see the benefits of using the advanced capabilities inherent within these tools.
- Will lead the team in performing optimisation analysis of campaign flows both inbound real time decisioning flows and outbound batch campaigns and provide targeting solutions that increase overall ROI of the activity.
- Will work with marketing automation business users and functional/technical experts to translate business opportunities into a high level, technical, analytics and automation solutions.
- Will act as the interface between the Product Owners, Data Warehousing teams and Solution Architects to design and build marketing contact flows and journeys.
- Will use statistical models to increasingly drive high levels of personalisation of all contact opportunities within the customer base.
- Will create and define key performance indicators to measure the business value delivered by the marketing activity and will be constantly measured versus standard control groups.
Qualifications, skills and experience required for the post
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or MSc in Marketing analytics
- Excellent communication skills is critical in this role. Sitting between the consulting director, the campaign team and the client demands advanced communication skills. The ability to problem solve and communicate problems and solutions in a non technical way is critical and as such fluent English both written and oral is a must.
- Is a certified advanced user of at least 2 specific technical solutions from the following — Unica (IBM Marketing automation), SAS Customer Interaction studio, Pega Marketing, Chordiant, Adobe Marketing suite, Marketo, Eloqua.
- At least 5 years hands on experience in marketing automation solutions (working on multimillion customer bases) which includes Building campaign flows, managing exclusion lists, control group identification, campaign analysis and reporting.
- At least 5 years’ experience in both outbound and inbound campaign solutions covering at least the following channels — Outbound Direct Mail, Email, SMS, call, and Inbound — Website, store, callcentre for companies that have multimillion customer bases.
- Will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of optimisation techniques of A/B testing, Next Best Activity and be able to reference at least 2 client engagements where these techniques have been used.
- Has at least 3 years technical experience in MS-SQL, Teradata-SQL, Oracle — SAS, Big Query and similar Will have specific experience in producing integrated campaign results with at least I reporting tools — for example Tableau, Excel, Looker, Power Bl and be very comfortable talking specifically about campaign management metrics and dashboards.
- Will be very comfortable with the benefits of integrating with Data Management Platforms (DMP) and have demonstrable experience with either Adobe (Audience Manager) DMP, MappDMP, Salesforce DMP, Lotame, SAS (data management suite).
- Will have hired and built a campaign management operational team of at least 5 people and have managed and developed that team for at least 2 years.
- Will have experience of having either built or used statistical models within a marketing context and significant knowledge of decisioning systems.
07936 916 938 or 01256 638 080