Job Ref: 639631
Role: MI Analyst
Location: Basingstoke / London
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK’s best known and most trusted brands. Our client provides peace of mind to millions of happy customers up and down the country and is the nation’s number one motoring/insurance organisation offering a range of excellent products and services.
As the MI Analyst you will be supporting and enhancing both existing Management Information dashboards and reports, as well as developing new ones, across all of the business units. You will work as part of a team to design, develop and provide operational support to a range of management information eco-systems. The role will involve identifying any issues related to delivery and operation of MI supported by the Data Tower, requiring you to perform data interrogation and detailed data analysis.
This role is key in supporting businesses, including Road Operations, Road Commercial, Customer and Insurance, in deriving insights from data to help inform business decisions.
Key Skills and Experience
- A broad technical skill set with previous hands-on expertise in MI and Metadata tools
- Experience in building and maintaining reliable and scalable MI and Metadata reporting, dashboards or semantic layers in Excel or Tableau or similar
- Strong preference for hands-on experience in using Base SAS
- A strong track record of performing complex data analyses with large data volumes
- Experience of the Development Lifecycle
- Experience of System Testing
- Experience of Release Management
- Experience of Oracle Stored Procedures
- A working understanding of Oracle OLAP
- Experienced in reporting and dashboarding and have a keen understanding of data models and data warehouse concepts
- Extensive experience of adopting Agile methodologies, engaging and collaborating with stakeholders and suppliers
- Data and business intelligence experience within a complex enterprise organisation, preferably experience in Insurance domain including policy operational systems
- Working knowledge of dimensional modelling concepts and demonstrate proficiency in scripting languages is preferable
- Proven problem-solving skills to identify the root cause of defects/issues and translate business requirements into technical designs
- Degree level specifically a Computing, Mathematics or Statistically related discipline ability, or else extensive relevant professional experience
If this sounds like you, please get in touch – call 01256 638 093 or email Jennifer.Littlehales@cvmpeople.com