Job Ref: 1181391
Data Engineer / Technical Consultant
Location: Edinburgh / Remote working
Our client is one of the UK’s leading data solutions providers who are going through an exciting time of growth. They are specialists in data strategy, marketing database development, customer analytics, predictive modelling, business intelligence, performance reporting and data visualisation. They work across multiple sectors with big brand clients and over 30 million customer records under management. They are also a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner in Cloud Platform and Data Platform.
Due to some internal changes and new exciting projects, they are looking to speak with Data Engineers or Technical Consultants with anything between 3-8 years of experience to see if they would like to join their team. They have a small, close-knit team so culturally we are looking for candidates who really value strong workplace relationships and enjoy building rapport with different personalities. They are also not averse to discussing different requirements when it comes to remote working, even if that means you are nearly 100% remote. As this is a small consultancy, you will have the opportunity to gain experience across a range of clients and different types of projects. Therefore, if you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, please do get in touch to find out more!
Experience and skills:
- Around 3 to 4 years of commercial experience in data engineering using the Microsoft technology stack and experience with tools such as Visual Studio and SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Experience working within Agile projects and using technology to support these working practices.
- Desire to implement best practices, for example in development and source control.
- Understanding of database design, modelling and performance, including query tuning.
- Awareness of customer data management and security best practices, especially with reference to current legislation and compliance (such as GDPR).
- Enthusiasm for collaboration. Passion for what you do. Desire to learn and teach others.
- An honours degree in maths, science, or a technical discipline .
If this sounds like you, please contact email@example.com
01264 326 315