Technical Data warehouse Lead
Job Ref: 500704
Our client is one of the biggest names in retail who really put their customers at the heart of decision making.
Full Job Description
Location: Central London
Contract (6 months): £500 p/d-£600 p/d
Our client is one of the biggest names in retail who really put their customers at the heart of decision making. With an enhanced in-house DW function that provides a transactional SCV, the data warehousing team provides fantastic support for marketing, CRM & the customer insight function across the business. Their internal capability has undergone significant change and improvement over recent years and they are currently looking at a transition to cloud infrastructure. It really is an exciting department to join with a lively, capable team dedicated to grow this functionality and deliver to all areas of the business.
Managing the delivery of small complex projects, this role will work very closely with a team of Systems Analysts and Developers to manage projects through from requirement gathering, design and then delivery. As an ever evolving capability the types of projects you would be overseeing would not necessarily be huge, instead they may be turned around between 10-20 weeks. However, this is a really varied role with the opportunity to take real ownership of new developments from a architectural perspective and manage some really interesting work. You would also be able to work with lots of different team members and really influence approaches/ plans and take technical responsibility on all stages of design/ development.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Form part of a core, small team to support, maintain & enhance the functionality of a DB2 EDW.
- Take a real leadership role and oversee both the design and development done by potentially more junior team members.
- Take technical solution design responsibility for a variety of small-medium sized DW projects (such as creating a new source system for a marketing project) from design through to delivery.
- Be an advocate of structured warehousing approaches and methodologies
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in Data Warehousing with a history of working in a variety of environments (DB2, Teradata, Oracle, Netezza)
- Strong background in either design or development
- Proficient SQL knowledge & experience
- Experience of working with a variety of ETL tools
- History of metadata management and data governance processes associated with data integration
- Confident in working with business representatives / senior stakeholders to define requirements and translate this into technical deliverables
- Good project management skills
If you are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Bhomali at 07936916356 or email at email@example.com