Analytics Operations Manager
A chance to work for one of the country's best known brands heading up a broad ranging analytics function
Analytics Operations Manager
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 + £5,000 car allowance + bonus and flexible working
An exciting opportunity, within a major, nationally recognized brand, to lead the Customer Analytics Team to success, with a particular focus on personal development and engagement. The Analytics Operations Manager will ensure that the individuals within the Customer Analytics Team develop and can progress to specialist roles within the team or elsewhere in DICVM or Centrica. Over time to post holder will develop team members to be able to handle the broad exposure to different business units and analytical techniques, further, effectively manage the incoming analytics demand to align with strategic objectives and maximise efficiency, quality of output and value add. The Analytics Operations Manager will support Analytics Leadership with elevation of capabilities & ways of working beyond resource management.
- Ensure team achieve a greater breadth of experience across segment Ensure individuals technically develop in role and progress.
- Develop and roll out a training programme for Customer Analytics Team to provide a technical career path.
- Create a high performing team with strong career progression and top quartile staff satisfaction and retention.
- Set team up for success - clarify team purpose, team meetings, 1-1s and objectives.
- Lead analytics relationship with outsourcing partner
- Maximise efficiency and quality of outsourced analytics team. Increase visibility and transparency on what they are working on. Support continuous improvement and retention of outsourced analytics team, working closely with Outsourcing Manager and other leads around the business.
- Take responsibility and ownership for the analytics workstack. Ensure requests are clearly defined and prioritised, objectives are understood and resourced with the right team members.
- Ensure delivery is on-time and to a high standard both technically and in output.
- Increase transparency and knowledge of what is on the workstack with all levels of the wider team.
- Track and demonstrate the value added by Analytics and Insight to the wider business segment’s Insight Value Framework.• Lead the strategic thinking and decision making to continuously evaluate the pipeline to align with the business strategy.
- Ensure outputs are socialised through our Knowledge Sharing Portal.• Define best practice in analytics, sourcing the toolsets to deliver this and keeping up to date on the latest technology developments.
- Benchmarking capabilities, methodologies and resource levels against a range of industries to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work with Analytics SMEs to focus on the personal development and progression of the team (technically and non-technically) to meet the needs of the wider team.
- Keep team honest, acting as a programme manager for set-piece reporting & large-scale projects.
- Introduce a more effective QA Process
Skills and experience:
- Extensive experience of managing analytical and structuring analytical teams to improve quality and demonstrate value added
- Excellent relationship builder and influencer at all levels.
- Strong leader, team motivator and communicator.
- Able to work in a matrix environment and flexible to respond quickly to changing business priorities. First class project management skills, familiarity with agile development methodologies is a bonus.
- Demonstrable track record of leading analytical teams with an emphasis on measuring outcomes and supporting team progression and development.
- Proven practical experience across a range of analytical and Data Science techniques – SQL/Hadoop/Python/R/SAS/Power BI/Git Hub/Sphinx or other code management and documentation tools.
- Strong academic background and professional qualifications within data science, computer science or equivalent is desirable
Please get in touch with [email protected] to find out more