A great chance for any budding MI Analysts to ply their trade within a major UK brand!
CVM People are working with a major UK brand to help them bring onboard an MI Specialist. The MI Specialist will support our client by providing accurate and timely management information to all levels of management and key accounts, through the provision of a proactive one-stop MI consultancy service.
The MI Specialist provides the business with a consultancy service for the design, development and provision of dashboard reporting to provide a bespoke MI self-service.
What will I be doing?
- Establish business requirements on an ongoing and project basis to identify the most appropriate reporting solution, resolving any issues/problems that arise.
- Interrogate a variety of data sources to produce high-quality management information for all levels of management to support business decision-making developments in accordance with agreed specifications and time scales ensuring any anomalies are resolved prior to distribution, for both scheduled and ad hoc requests.
- Proactively manage customer expectations and requirements ensuring that management information and analysis needs are met to agreed timescales and standards of accuracy. Identify trends and where appropriate, highlight and escalate problem areas or make recommendations for improvements to operational systems or procedures.
- Manage the needs of the customer from designing and producing new reports to analysing and improving existing reports and solutions to internal and external customer’s requirements, understanding how they will impact on the business
- Continually monitor, amend and improve the accuracy and relevance of reports and systems ensuring delivery of business benefit.
- In line with business requirements, introduce new systems and metrics, including new definitions and rules, from analysis through design, development and testing to implementation.
- Provide advice and guidance to management on the interpretation of all information produced with specific reference to any impact on operational procedures making recommendations for change as appropriate.
- Degree level of education.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for Mathematics and Statistics, or have proven relevant work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of developing dashboard reporting using OBIEE - Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Excellent knowledge of PC desktop systems, including the ability to use Microsoft packages, particularly Excel and Access.
- Workable knowledge of computer coding.
- Good analytical skills and statistical knowledge.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.