Systems Product Owner
A great chance for a Product Owner to have a lasting impact within a major UK brand
CVM People are working closely with a leading UK brand to help them bring on board a Product Owner. In this role, you will work closely with business and IT teams to define solutions that meet business requirements to maximise commercial returns or to conform with regulatory obligations. You will work closely with business stakeholders, business analysts and delivery managers to define requirements for a broad range of projects. You will need to be a strong subject matter expert and have knowledge of the business within the areas identified above as well as the ability to recognise where we need to bring in additional support the requirement definition process.
You will then play a key role in the verification of solution designs and work with testing teams to ensure that new capability is tested thoroughly before deployment into the live environment. You will also support the process for assessing and prioritising defects as well as supporting live operations through the identification of solutions to business issues.
- Supporting the definition and maintenance of the strategic roadmap, aligned to the business strategy and any high-level business cases.
- Use your SME knowledge and input to ensure the programme delivers solutions that fully support the business and product solutions – identifying and ensuring all key stakeholders are involved in requirement definition and “show & tell” demonstrations and by working with test teams to define robust testing strategies.
- Bridge the Commercial, IT and operations teams to successfully deliver business requirements into the live environment
- Drive continuous improvement through the proactive identification & delivery of incremental improvements to systems
- Support high-level user requirements gathering for each change request and scoping documents that support E0 Dev Effort T-Shirt Sizing
- Elaboration of high-level business requirements into a full set of detailed business requirements against each change request
- Involvement in design verification and testing activities to ensure high-quality solutions are being delivered to the business
- Supporting process for grooming and management of CR Backlog
- Involvement in defect management processes, triaging defects to ensure the correct prioritisation of any defects
- 10+ years of commercial marketing, product management or contact centre experience
- Knowledge/ background in the insurance industry or financial services
- Experience of having worked in large scale business transformation projects
- As a subject matter expert, able to identify quality, comprehensive solutions that align with business requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with anyone at any level in the organisation, and drive engagement and input as required from all areas of the business
- Possess strong collaborative working practices
- Well organised with the ability to work self-sufficiently to drive projects forwards